Monday, October 13, 2014

Everyone has favorites, These are mine!

So I decided to do a post on my favorite products that I use on a daily basis and I can't live without!!! I hope you guys enjoy and find some products you would like to try too!

FACIAL PRODUCTS
Purity by Philosophy & Brightening Facial Scrub by ACURE 

So first here is my facial cleansers that I rotate using…

Acure is a facial brightening scrub it is great for exfoliating your face it makes you feel clean, soft, and smooth!  I first tried it because I received it in my birchbox and when I opened it I didn't want to try it because it smells kinda weird (I think like henna) and looked gross (because it is sea kelp). But I tried it anyways and just had to buy the full size. It was only $14.99 for a 4 oz tube.

How it Works
This formula is loaded with argan stem cells and chlorella growth factor, or CGF, which nudge skin to produce new cells and make complexion more radiant. French green clay and lemon peel deep clean pores, while organic sea kelp sloughs away the skin’s dull outer layer. (off of Birchbox website)

Purity made simple one step facial cleanser by philosophy is a great everyday cleanser that removes everything even your hard to remove eye makeup while cleaning and hydrating your face. I got this as a sample too from a beauty brands purchase I made online. Love it!!! It's worth trying, it's for all skin types. It also works great for cleaning your makeup brushes. Sizes and prices are (3 oz / $10) (8 oz / $23) (16 oz / $35) (24 oz / $42) (32 oz / $52)

How it Works
This facial cleanser quickly dissolves dirt, oil and makeup to deep clean pores while maintaining the skin's proper moisture levels. purity made simple™ is gentle enough for the eye area and even for the most sensitive skin. As a final step, the toner balances out skin’s pH levels. (off of Birchbox website)


Detox Clay Facial Soap for Acne
(my bar I've been using) 
Detox Clay Facial Soap for Acne
Photo from MKStyles Soaps

This product is new to me, I took a leap of faith and tried it. There is a woman in a beauty group that I'm a part of that makes bath and body products and this is one of them that I tried and will be buying again & again when it runs out. It is great!!! I use it every morning and every night. It has kind of taken place of my purity for now. It was only $6.00 and it lasts forever! If you want to check out her ETSY shop MKStyles Soap Co. click here. Also here is the direct link to the facial soap
(Ingredients: Saponified Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sustainable Palm Oil, Coconut Oil, Coconut Milk, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter,Castor Oil, Tussah Silk Activated Charcoal, Kaolin Clay)


HAIR CARE
LUSH solid shampoo

So I started using solid shampoo about 3 months ago. Can you tell I love the yellow one!? One of the great things about the solid shampoo is it lasts forever! A few rubs across your wet hair and you have a huge foamy lather, its really awesome! So the purple is Jumping Juniper, the red is NEW!, and yellow is GODIVA.

Jumping Juniper is for softness and shine, it's made of lavender.
Cost $10.95

Herbal hair magic to transform oily hair
"Our purple shampoo bar jumps into action to sort out oil problems on top. It cleans away grease and balances sebum production for soft, shiny (in the good way) hair. Fruity juniperberry oil sorts out your oily, congested scalp, while lemon and lime make your hair clean and shiny and give it an extra fresh scent. The incredible herbal duo, lavender and rosemary are superpowers if you’re having troubles in the oil department. Rosemary has been used for hundreds of years for its anti-bacterial capabilities, while lavender is known for its ability to balance and soothe the scalp. You'll be jumping for joy in no time!" -LUSH.COM


NEW! is for a tingly fresh clean feeling, it's made of cinnamon sticks and clove.
Cost $11.95

Stimulating and reviving minty shampoo bar

"There’s nothing exactly new about our stimulating cinnamon and clove shampoo bar, we call it that because it's made for people who want NEW! hair! When stress or life goes to your head and your hair starts thinning, motivate those tired scalps with spice and mint oils. It’s intense, (in the best possible way), but works wonders on irritated scalps or hair that’s thinning. Rosemary and nettle herbs rejuvenate, and make your hair shiny and soft as a feather. All of this, in one beautifully spicy bar; are you ready for a NEW! shampoo?" -LUSH.COM

GODIVA is for a clean moisturizing feeling, It's kinda of like a shampoo and conditioner in one, it's made with Jasmine oil. (MY FAVORITE EVER!!!! I LOVE THIS SMELL!!!) I love how soft it makes my hair and I don't need conditioner afterwards. I smell is also long lasting.
Cost: $11.95

2-in-1 jasmine shampoo with conditioning butters 

"Our vegan, 2-in-1 shampoo bar cleans and conditions your hair with moisturizing nut oils and shea butter. These butters and oils care for dry, processed locks and leave you with glossy, shiny, and softened tresses. Long used as a tonic for the hair and scalp, jasmine also perfumes your locks with an ultra-sexy fragrance with serious staying power. Named after a certain naked protestor, Godiva gets to work sending a message to your hair." -LUSH.COM

Davine Ol Products

This is my other set of go to hair products. I got to try them in my birchbox and just had to have them. They are from Italy and smell AMAZING!

Davines Ol Shampoo, Full size is 280 ml and $26.

Davines Ol Conditioner, Full size is 350 ml and $32. (a little goes a long ways!) It makes my hair so smooth and soft. I keep running my fingers through it. Hehe!

Davines Ol All in One Milk, Full size is 135 ml and $28.

How it Works
Packed with rich roucou oil, this cream supports hair growth and protects it from harmful UV radiation. Ellagic acid fights off free radicals and cell damage. For added moisture, provitamin B5 and a functional amino complex condition strands and keep them soft and supple during heat styling while preventing unwanted frizz. (off of Birchbox website)


BODY WASH


Lush in Flying Fox
Bath & Body Works in Pumpkin Pecan Waffles
Vitabath in Dreamy Pink Frosting

These are my three favorite body washes that I have to hide from my boys otherwise they will use it all! 

Flying Fox is from LUSH, I love this one because of the Jasmine scent. It is a little pricey so I don't use it much. It also doesn't lather and foam very much, but that smell... Mmm... I can't get over it!

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles is from Bath & Body Works, it smells delicious, you only need a little bit to make it lather and foam a ton! It's $16 and I've tried to find it on their website to order more but I think you can only get it in stores and it's a limited edition :(

Dreamy Pink Frosting is from Vitabath, it's $7.99 you can buy it from www.vitabath.com this scent also comes in a lotion and body mist. It smells just like vanilla frosting! You only need a small amount of it to lather up and foam so it's a pretty great body wash. My oldest son loves the Wild Cherry body wash from vitabath.

MOISTURIZER

Clinique Moisture Surge 

So how I got introduced to Clinique moisture surge was I got a sample of it in Hautelooks Spring Beauty Bag. It's some amazing stuff I usually don't like moisturizers because I don't like the sticky or greasy feeling it leaves behind. But this stuff feels cool and refreshing and absorbs fast, it's very lightweight. I bought this one from Nordstroms for $67 but it was for the largest jar 4.2 oz and a travel tube 1.7 oz so it was a great steal!

PERFUME

Michael Kors Glam Jasmine 3.4 oz

I got a sample of this perfume from a sephora order online and fell in love!!! Of course because it is JASMINE!!!! My husband surprised me for my birthday any got my a set for $120 from Ulta that included the large 3.4 oz perfume, the full size lipstick, full size nailpolish, a rollerball perfume and lipgloss duo, and even a Michael Kors makeup bag!!! Great value!!!! I just checked and they don't have it on their website any more :( Sorry!


Ulta Michael Kors Gift Set $120

See so pretty I loved it all! He is the greatest hubby ever!!! He even knew to go on my ulta account to order it so I would get my points!

 HAND CREAM

PERLIER Sweet Almond Milk Hand Cream

I got this hand cream in my birchbox mystery pack with a order I placed. I was going to put it in my swap pile because I have a ton of lotions and hand creams already. But I opened it and smelled it (if you couldn't tell I'm a smeller and if I like the smell I'm almost sold! Lol!) It's scent is Sweet Almond Milk. It's a thicker cream but it blends well and doesn't make your hands sticky. It also moisturizers very well, I keep it in my purse. I also endded up buying a 9 piece sampler set of their hand creams from HSN for $24.95.

The outside of my hand cream sampler box
The inside (So Pretty!)
All the different creams it comes with

LIPGLOSSES

Best lipgloss EVER!!!

I received my first NYX product from my Ipsy subscription a couple months back and it was one of these butter glosses. It is now my favorite lip product! I keep one in my purse, my work bag, and my coat pocket at all times! It's not sticky, it's mosturizing, and smells great! I swapped products for a few of these and got the rest at ulta during on of their sales. They normally sell for $4.99 each. 

So now you have seen some of my most favorite products ever and I hope you decide to try some out!!!
Thanks for reading :)

xoxo_makeupaddict_xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment